Alleghany County Public Schools


Alleghany County Public Schools


The school system is composed of one high school, one middle school, and three elementary schools. Clifton Middle School and Mt. View Elementary School are located in one complex. These two schools, built at a cost of $20 million+, were opened in the fall of 2001 and represent the latest in technology. Alleghany High School has recently added nearly $5 million in renovation including a state of the art geothermal heating and air conditioning unit. Approximately 65% of the graduates go on to higher education. The remaining 35% participate in additional programs available in the area, such as Apprenticeship Programs, which are directed toward the acquisition of marketable job skills. Low teacher-pupil ratios, performance based curriculum and comparatively small schools encourage individualized instruction. Watch this great video about Alleghany County to see why it's such a wonderful place to live and work!

Mission Statement

Alleghany County Public Schools provides equal opportunity for every student: To achieve maximum intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth; To insure that each individual be equipped to communicate effectively with other people; To be competent both in the work place and in higher education; and To feel confident of the ability to make creative and constructive decisions in his/her life.

Equal Employment Opportunity Statement

The Alleghany County School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, or age in its programs and activities. The following people has been designated as a contact regarding compliance issues associated with this non-discrimination policy: Fred C. Vaughan, Jr., Director of Human Resources and Pupil Personnel and Jan B. Hobbs, Director of Assessment and Student Success at Alleghany County School Board Office, P. O. Drawer 140, Low Moor, Virginia, 24457

Alleghany County Public Schools

100 Central Circle, Low Moor, VA 24457